THE HISTORY OF WEISSENSEE CRUISE LINE
The Weissensee Cruise Line company was founded in 1929 by Maria Winkler and her brother Christian Mueller. The first ship to operate on Lake Weissensee was called Klara. It could carry up to 12 people and worked on the lake until the beginning of World War II.
In 1930 the motorboat Moewe joined the fleet and is still operating today.
In 1936 the Olympia was launched with a capacity for 30 people. Unfortunately, it's usage was interrupted by World War II.
In 1956 the ship Hubertus joined the fleet with a capacity to hold 60 people. This was followed in 1958 by the ship Falke with the ability to carry 33 passengers.
In 1962, Freya with a capacity of 72 also joined the fleet.
In 1968 the MS Dobra which could carry 44 people was launched. Unfortunately in the same year Hubertus caught fire and had to be replaced by the MS Poto which could hold 72 passengers.
Finally, in 1989 the largest capacity ship, MS Weissensee which is able to accommodate 166 passengers took to the water.
Children CaptainEvery child starts as a seaman recruit and ends the trip as a children captain.
See the dates